Hyper text narrative - Medical Records technician
My career as a Medical Records technician
Word count: 1731
Choice count: 34
Section count: 22
Image count: 22
Error count: 7
Field Related Analysis:
Education : 27 matches (School, activity, choice, college, compensation, course, courses, diploma, don, exam, failed, first, grades, graduate, graduation, homework, learn, learned, learning, management, report, school, semester, students, teacher, training, vacation)
Tourism : 23 matches (Activity, Beach, Guide, Human, Opportunity, Package, Program, Resources, beach, benefit, compensation, course, guide, hold, language, package, pass, periods, program, report, stop, vacation, watch)
Law/Paralegal-Technology : 19 matches (alienation, charity, children, compensation, documents, family, Information, month, notice, offer, office, order, premium, receiving, schedule, street, suit, volunteer, young)
Target Structure:
alienation (1 match)
background check (1 match)
compensation package (1 match)
fulfillment (2 matches)
ins-and-outs (1 match)
internship (12 matches)
office politics (1 match)
on-the-job-training (1 match)
premium wage (1 match)
straight A's (2 matches)
thoughtful (1 match)
time management (1 match)
vacant position (1 match)
wage (1 match)
worthwhile (1 match)
My career as a Medical Records technician
I enroll at College in Medical Records program.
I start my studies and my mind wonders: ''what should I do this evening''?
Choice 1 : I dedicate at least two hours of study each evening.
Choice 2 : I put the books aside without finishing my homework.
I dedicate at least two hours of study each evening.
It is the second week of the semester. After dinner, I decide to dedicate two hours of study each evening. I become thoughtful and I realize that only a good schedule and a thorough work can help me pull it off. I think it is possible because there are so many students who have straight A's. I have a good plan. I'm becoming confident about my studies.
Choice 1 : I finish the second year of college, and I am already receiving the first job offer.
Choice 2 : It's my third year of college. I'm doing an internship.
I put the books aside without finishing my homework.
It is the second week of the semester. After dinner, I make a snap decision about my time management. I decide to to put the books aside without finishing the homework. I do not need straight A's to pass courses. I do not want to make any more effort. I think it would be better to watch a movie and then go to sleep.
Choice 1 : I failed many courses. I am very upset. Medicine is so hard.
Choice 2 : I have not learned anything in a while. I am afraid of exams. I will prepare better.
I finish the second year of college, and I am already receiving the first job offer.
I received a job offer. Is a replacement during the summer for a technician position three. The tasks are related to the management of documents and files in the medical archive of a hospital. I will be trained for a period of one month.
Choice 1 : I accept the job offer.
Choice 2 : I decline the job offer.
It's my third year of college. I'm doing an internship.
I still did not graduate the Medical Records program at the college. I am on an internship at hospital. I am basically working three days a week with light tasks, of course. For the beginning we will decipher medical terms, and in time, we will interpret and report health data. I notice several employees who promote quickly. At first, they were interns there, like me, and now begin to work after they received on-the-job-training. This information is promising and comes in handy. I feel like I am already learning the ropes. Even if some periods I feel overwhelmed, I work and study with pleasure, and I am sure that I have found the career that suits me.
Choice 1 : Congratulations to me! After a lot of effort, I have a diploma!
I failed many courses. I am very upset. Medicine is so hard.
And here I am with bad grades. Maybe this program is not for me. I can not pass the courses. Should I redo them? But I failed too many.
Choice 1 : I enroll at College in Medical Records program.
Choice 2 : I work in a low paid and unsatisfactory job.
I have not learned anything in a while. I am afraid of exams. I will prepare better.
I thought better, and I think I should not let the situation get out of hand. It's time to recover, to improve my grades. I'm able to do that.
Choice 1 : I dedicate at least two hours of study each evening.
I work in a low paid and unsatisfactory job.
I work in a small business. I'm afraid of alienation. I work a lot. I don't gain much. I feel dissatisfied. I wish I would work somewhere where I can feel worthwhile and wish that someday I could feel professional fulfillment.
Choice 1 : I enroll at College in Medical Records program.
Choice 2 : Bad life. I feel like nothing is going well.
I accept the job offer.
I am not skeptical. Surely this experience will benefit me. I still have to learn so much in order to summarize the medical episode of a patient accurately. I have the opportunity to see the ins-and-outs of this job. It's my chance to learn more. It will help me for the internship.
Choice 1 : It's my third year of college. I'm doing an internship.
I decline the job offer.
It's the first step and I'm scared. This job... is only for a certain period. Maybe, I don't want to continue the internship in the fall. I wonder if I should continue the program...
Choice 1 : I don't continue the Medical Records program.
Choice 2 : I don't want to work this summer. I want to go on vacation.
Choice 3 : This summer I would like to do a charity activity in Burundi.
I don't continue the Medical Records program.
I do not want to work this summer. Just three months it is not enough because it takes time to find out about the office politics and to feel that there is a place for you too there. I'm tired of studying too. I would like to work, to earn money. I can't wait until graduation. The internship is not paid. I will drop out of school.
Choice 1 : I work in a low paid and unsatisfactory job.
I don't want to work this summer. I want to go on vacation.
I will relax after so much effort. I will go somewhere where there is always sun, and where I can walk on a clean beach and not full of people. The sound of the waves would completely relax me.
Choice 1 : I am coming back in the fall in time to start the internship.
Choice 2 : I am not coming back. I will stay in that foreign country. I will start a new life there.
This summer I would like to do a charity activity in Burundi.
I decided to meet other volunteers who served in Burundi. They are waiting for me to come. As I expected, they told me to expect at advantages, but also disadvantages. They said if I'm in-dept I should not volunteer because the situation would be far from having a premium wage. We will help in a village, broken by civilization. Any advice will be welcome.
Choice 1 : I am coming back in the fall in time to start the internship.
Choice 2 : I am not coming back. I will stay in that foreign country. I will start a new life there.
I am coming back in the fall in time to start the internship.
After the pleasant experience of this summer, I gained strength. I have so many plans and so much workforce.
Choice 1 : It's my third year of college. I'm doing an internship.
I am not coming back. I will stay in that foreign country. I will start a new life there.
I have the patience to adapt. I will learn the language and everything about the culture of the country where I will live. I'm brave. I will definitely have a good life.
Choice 1 : I work in a low paid and unsatisfactory job.
Choice 2 : I'm learning the language and I'm going to start a career again.
I'm learning the language and I'm going to start a career again.
I am determined to start a new life in a new country. I need a good job. So, I need to finish my studies. I would like to continue in Healthcare but maybe I will choose something else.
Choice 1 : I choose the same program, they recognize my two years of study in Medical Records program.
Choice 2 : I'm still young. I choose another career and I will work hard to finish a study program.
Bad life. I feel like nothing is going well.
I'm bankrupt. I have a car that can leave me at any time. I might end up on the street. I have no friends, because who would like a loser like me? I don't have the courage to start a family because I wouldn't have anything to support it with. What should I do?
Choice 1 : I enroll at College in Medical Records program.
I choose the same program, they recognize my two years of study in Medical Records program.
I am so happy. Although I'm in a foreign country, I didn't have to put my life on hold. I managed to continue my studies, and do what I love. In the Medical Records program here, the subjects are the same. I just need to get acquainted with their health system.
Choice 1 : It's my third year of college. I'm doing an internship.
I'm still young. I choose another career and I will work hard to finish a study program.
I always thought about what else would suit me. To become a teacher, I have patience and I love to guide children. Or maybe a chemistry laboratory technician. That was my first passion. Whatever I choose, this time I will not stop until I have professional fulfillment.
Choice 1 : Congratulations to me! After a lot of effort, I have a diploma!
Congratulations to me! After a lot of effort, I have a diploma!
It was hard, I was tired, and I wanted to give up sometimes, but I fought and I succeeded.
Choice 1 : Congratulations to me! I'm hired! Life is just beginning.
Congratulations to me! I'm hired! Life is just beginning.
I left a CV for Human Resources Department at my town's hospital last week. There, they told me that there was a vacant position for a Medical Records technician but an exam must be passed in order to get the job. Fortunately, I passed this exam and I had the last interview today, they asked me if I agree with a background check and the compensation package they were offering. I am so happy that I would start working in the fields. I have the chance to work in an extraordinary team too.
Choice 1 : The end.
Comments
Post a Comment